Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What is healthy? As we make our way into cold and flu season I have started to ask around.. what is considered healthy enough for the SCCA unit of Children's Hospital. A lot of the kids here simply don't have an immune system so what may just be a little tickle in your throat is a big deal to someone around here. Brian has actually spent the last couple of days at our house for just that reason. The nurses have told us that anyone coming to this floor should be 100% symptom free for at least a week.. this is for an individual and household.
There is nothing more I would love than to have visitors all of the time but I have put my wants on the back burner for Georgia's safety. This is a fine line to walk for someone like me who is both social and far from a germ-a-phobe. I have told several of the nurses that I'll need training before going home on what is ok for the typical teething, puts everything in her mouth Georgia and the new germ free (or close to it) way of life.

1 comment:

  1. My previous offer still stands regarding my sister in law. If there is anything we can do to help the transition at home please let me know. Also know your neighbors will provide meals so you will have one less thing to worry about.. at least for a week or so! Put your requests in now! LOL
    I am so happy Georgia seems to be advancing in the fight! In fact I am relieved! as I am sure you are. There are still some scary times ahead but I think the worst part has past.. that would be the part about receieving that initial blow of news. Her immune system will return and by summer she will be able to play in the garden with Mommy and Daddy.
    Thank you for the updates Alison. and you are welcome to call any time you need to be social!!

    ReplyDelete