Saturday, October 16, 2010

I want my life back.. I don't know how else to put it. I miss my simple, happy, making it all work life. We had some friends visit today - it was SO good to see them, feel their love and support and also have a little distraction from our daily life here. When we walked our friends out of our room this evening I was overcome with that feeling you got as a kid of wanting to stomp my feet and pound my fists because I wanted to go to. Why is this happening???? This isn't fair. I see so many pictures of people taking their kids to the pumpkin patch and am so frustrated that we literally can't do that. My family of three is living in one room that has one window that faces another building. We are taking Georgia outside each day because once her blood levels drop we won't be allowed to leave this floor.. this makes me feel claustrophobic. We should be raking leaves in our backyard and having her play in them, we should be going for long walks on these crisp fall days but instead my baby starts chemotherapy next week - how are we here?

5 comments:

  1. You and your family deserve your life back . . . I am so sorry you are going through this. Georgia is a little trooper and will be on her road to recovery so soon! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine how this new life makes you feel like you've been cheated. Wishing Georgia the speediest of recoveries. Thinking of you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not fair at all Al. Hoping you get back to a "normal" life as soon as possible! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, this is not fair. You sure are strong and smart and with very big heart for the battle ahead. Your glass is more than half full and your love overflows! If the love and heart I see cominging your way could heal, you would be home tomorrow. Keep up the good fight. You and Brian are great parents; you are so fortunate to be family with your amazing daughter, too. May our many prayers sooth your pain. God bless you all. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cry everytime I think of you guys cooped up in the cold room with no view and the fear and uncertaintly that plagues you all everyday. No, this is not fair Al, not fair in the slightest! I read your FB page with all of those who love you and am happy there are so many out there with their prayers, but I also wish it was pics of you at the pumpkin farms and colored leaves! You keep up the good fight Al and we will be praying over here for your strength and counting the days until you and your family walk out of that place and can resume your lives on your terms! We love you!

    ReplyDelete