Wednesday, October 27, 2010

We are use to people continually coming in our room day and night but this morning we were visited by the charge nurse asking our permission to be a part of a documentary that Children's is filming on safety. The camera crew was following our nurse throughout the day and wanted to show her unhooking Georgia from her IV pole and weighing her.. I said sure, why not mix things up a little. Georgia took a good nap and woke up about 15 minutes before it all began. I wasn't sure how she'd react, she is much more comfortable with the staff now but still doesn't like people messing with her IV or hickman. Our nurse came in and was followed by a man with a decent size camera, Georgia looked and waved. Once the nurse started to unhook her line from the IV Georgia glanced at what she was doing, looked at the camera pointed at it, smiled and started waving - such a ham! When I set her in the scale she just stared at the camera smiling the whole time, once her weight registered she started clapping - ha! Needless to say she got a lot of compliments on doing such a good job in on camera debut.

In other news, Brian is heading back to work tomorrow but is staying at home tonight. He was at home for two nights earlier this week because he thought he might be getting sick, this gave me a trial run with him not actually being out of town. Tonight after we finished eating and playing Georgia and I walked him to the big double doors at the entrance of the SCCA unit Georgia kept pointing at the doors, she wanted to go too. I told her soon, soon we'd all be walking out together. Brian hit the button and both doors opened, we waiting on one side while he was on the other waiting for the elevator.. he kept hitting the button so the doors kept swinging open... I kept telling Georgia to wave but she just looked at him with a serious face, this made me need to swallow hard, put on a brave face and tell her we'd be alright and he'd be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering when he would have to go back to work... I saw him leaving this morning in his uniform. I'm sure all will be fine. You are in a safe place with your daughter who is getting better and better everyday (I am demanding it! We miss her!)and he will be thinking about you both with every breath he takes. I admire you both as parents and as human beings. Your love for each other brought Georgia into this world and she is a beautiful shining beacon of hope and love.

    ReplyDelete