Friday, October 8, 2010

Today has been a rough one, not on the information front (we don't have anything new) but the mama bear front.. Georgia literally cries every time she sees nurses or doctors. First thing this morning was a blood draw, her IV was shot so they took it out and attempted unsuccessfully FOUR times to get a new one in. I read recently that at Georgia's age she understands communication mostly through tone so I am focused on keeping a calm tone while watching these people hold her down and poke her with needles when all I want to do.. all I have wanted to do since we arrived is wrap her up and RUN out of here. I know this is an amazing hospital with world class doctors and nurses, I know we are lucky to live here and be able to get the kind of care that people travel far and wide from to get but it really doesn't feel that way.
Every morning I wake up and think.. how are we here.. this is not my life, not her life.. I did my cancer "stint" with my mom and think that I more than filled my quota. Regardless of that I will be here every second with Georgia because although Brian and I are going through this with her we aren't the ones who are examined, poked and uncomfortable. Georgia is my heart, soul and everything in between.
Thank you for sending emails and facebook posts.. today when I thought I might lose my mind I was able to get on the computer and read such kind words from so many people who care about and are praying for our girl

2 comments:

  1. Al-
    All I can say is thank you for sharing this. Your mom raised two very strong woman and gave you great tools on being a great momma to Giorgia. I want this all to go away for all of you and am constantly thinking of you all. Keep sharing if you can, it keeps us feeling connected to you Al. I am literally a stones throw away and will answer any call at any time you need. We are all praying for you all. LOVE YOU!
    Caren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alison... I am so sorry you are going through all of this. My uncle contacted me today to tell me there are about 200 people in SanDiego praying for Georgia and my aunt emailed me from Purto Rico I think the entire island is in on it too... I am hoping to bring as many people I know into this circle of love to help Georgia continue to be strong. I know you have to be strong for her as well but don't forget to let yourself release some anger and sorrow as well. Don't bottle it up... walk outside, sit your car and scream if you need to... then you will be able to walk back in and put on the mom face and deal with some more.
    Know that we here at home, in your neighborhood are praying for Georgia to heal and get through this and come home soon. We are here for you. I know my way around that place up there... been there LOTS. Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete