Wednesday, October 20, 2010

There are few things that I feel like I have control over these days which is hard but I am forced to remind myself of something my dad taught me.. he always told my sister and me the one thing you always have control over is your attitude. Since bringing out the big guns of chemo (I mean medicine) yesterday Georgia has done pretty well but has been dealing with some nausea and vomiting.. we are working on getting the right combination of medicine to keep her feeling good and not getting too sleepy. It's hard to watch your child get sick.. yesterday seconds after she'd thrown up and the nurse came in she looked at her and waved. If Georgia can move on from it than so can I. Tonight she was pretty wound up at bedtime, squirming all around, clapping, saying woo, and ahh and occasionally raspberry.. you'd never know she is sick. So when you are reading our blog know that.. picture Georgia happy and well, that is the path we are on and we are certain that we'll see it through.
I read an email from my dad this evening which I will be reading again when my spirits are low, he said:
I have created this new visual to help me through this. I am seeing Georgia completing her five year check up with a clean bill of health, having just turned 6 years old and making her first snow board adventure down Whitefish Mountain. I can truly see this clear as day. I am positive it is going to happen. She is not only musically gifted with a great sense of humor but a very adept snowboarder as well.
Positive thoughts bring positive results!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray Dad!!! I don't have the knees for snowboarding or the coodination for skiing (just can't turn right or stop!!) but had I had a father like yours it all would have been different. High Fives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments from your dad! Strength and wisdom clearly runs in your family and is exactly why Georgia will come thru all of this with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture it too! And all the while she's smiling her gorgeous smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me, Alison! You are inspiring.

    “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it”

    Can't wait to see you today and give you a big hug! I hope you got a little sleep last night. xoxo

    ReplyDelete