Saturday, October 16, 2010

Things that annoy me:
  • When your new resident comes into your room, sees that all three of us are sleeping but shakes my leg and says "good morning!" with a wide grin.. then proceeds to check Georgia's heart rate. She then pulls back the covers and when I ask what she is doing says "I wanted to look at THE leg." I promptly pulled the covers back over Georgia and said shes fine.
  • When a new nurse comes in to check Georgia's vitals while she is sleeping and makes no attempt to keep her asleep.. then once she is done and Georgia is fully crying leaves the room without a word.
  • When a nurse basically corners me to ask what the treatment plan is then proceeds to tell me that most parents trade off staying at the hospital so at least one of them can get some sleep.. Well, childless nurse let's talk once you have kids ok?

Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of the staff here are truly amazing but there are some that really bug!

5 comments:

  1. HOORAY ALISON!!!! The honeymoon is over! You are taking back control of your lives!! The she lion is on site and ready to battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would annoy me too! You're being a normal, protective mom. Some medical staff emotionally distance themselves, otherwise they become overwhelmed by all the pain they see. That's just my opinion. But it still stinks!

    Your patience has been pushed to it's limit and you're tired of having your personal space and privacy invaded. More than anything, it sounds like you want them to stop poking and prodding Georgia. I thought you'd get a breather from their constant buzzing around over the weekend, but it doesn't sound like it. Sorry you have to go through that...

    That nurse needs to stay in her place. You do what's right for you & your baby Georgia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is worse than poor bedside manner/customer service from nurses. I remember the bad ones when the girls were in the nicu. Especially the one that told me I wasn't allowed to hold my own baby the day she was born because she had already been held twice by other people (Chad and my sis while I was still in recovery). Don't they know not to mess with mamma bear. Hold strong, and don't be afraid to talk to the charge nurse if you need too.
    Praying, and praying and praying...much love being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for sticking up for Georgia. That resident will think twice before being so rude again. And those nurses, seriously... They should try to put themselves in your shoes for two seconds. What kind of nurse doesn't care if they upset a sleeping baby? You have every right to be annoyed. May I suggest requesting certain nurses? At my work, they listen very closely to patient's request to have or not have certain staff. Just a thought....Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete