Sunday, October 10, 2010

I am overwhelmed with gratitude, the out pouring of love and support for our family has been amazing. I know that so many have had said prayers since finding out about what we are going through and I was blown away today when I heard from so many friends who said that their entire church was praying for our sweet baby girl.
This weekend was quiet as far as doctor visits. I am happy to report that today was the second day that Georgia has not had a fever and her white blood cell count is down (although doc says it's because of her fluids I am choosing to believe otherwise) and we have enjoyed laughing with our girl who resumed dancing (wiggling around) smiling and waving this weekend.
It is hard to believe that anyone who has to stay in a hospital has to share a room but especially kids. We had our own room for a couple of nights but had a two month old roommate and her family as of yesterday. It sickens me to think that poor little baby is here getting chemo and is also frustrating that two babies are sharing a room because that meant little sleep for Georgia today. By the end of the day she was exhausted then we discovered her IV was shot (again) so we were off to the "Treatment Room" to get a new one. Our smart girl instantly knew where we were when we walked through the door and started crying then moments later threw up because she was so upset. Fortunately the nurse was able to get an IV in her foot quickly so now she is sleeping.
Tomorrow is a big day and the only thing that matters is that we are going to beat whatever is laid our in front of us.. period.
Again, I can't tell you how much the love and support means to us, it helps to know there are so many amazing people all over the world (literally) praying for our girl.


2 comments:

  1. Alison... I thought Megan was adorable before and now I love her! She is a wonderful person. We were able to share a little time in the rain this weekend... I see why she is your friend.
    I hear the pumpkin was a hit... I'm glad. It made me giggle and I thought it would be the same reaction from Georgia! She needs all the smiles and giggles she can muster right now and you and Brian need to experience her smailes and giggles to keep life in general in perspective. You are all greatly missed in the neighbothood and everyone here sends their love and wishes for a quick recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, Brian and Georgia - We all are praying for Georgia and sending healing thoughts your way. Please know that your neighbors are here for you in anyway we can help your family.
    Love to all,

    Kim and Mark Nance

    ReplyDelete