Sunday, October 31, 2010

I am simply beyond words, I don't know how to thank all of you who participated in the Leukemia/Lymphoma 5K today on.. TEAM GEORGIA! To my dear friend Megan who did an amazing job organizing this I can't even begin to express what you mean to me. I am blown away by everyone who participated - there were buttons and signs, this is such wonderful support. When Megan started putting all of this together she asked me what Georgia's favorite color was.. purple, I thought... yeah, purple. A day later I got an email from my dad on a totally unrelated subject telling me that purple was the cancer survivor color... that's right! We can't wait to participate next year!


Team Picture


Julie & Megan in the team color


Family & Friends



Go Team Georgia


Michelle, Nat & Megan









3 comments:

  1. It was a great day for a run. Thank you for inviting me. It was an honor to fun for Georgia! - Katie Kaluza

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys were definitely there in spirit Al! I even wore UW purple for sweet Georgia and I'm a Beav! LOL. It was a great day to celebrate you, Brian, and Georgia's strength! Thinking of you guys every day! xoxo, Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was great! Even my girls, Kirstin and Kya, felt like they were making a difference. I was proud they wanted to participate and happy Megan included us in her efforts! Alison, you have amazing friends and family - what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete