Friday, October 29, 2010

I am wishing I'd never heard the term AML Jail, I suddenly feel the need to escape this place! This morning the doctors did their normal rounds then shortly after we were hooked up for Georgia's second blood transfusion. We did our normal roaming the small hallways and saying hello to everyone and played on the mats of our "studio apartment." Nana Kathye was here today so I was able to get outside, I walked to a grocery store that is about five blocks from the hospital, that is the furthest I have been in nearly a month. It felt good to breath in some fresh air but I think it made me all the more frustrated that this is what we're calling home. I am sick of this place, I don't want to get in an elevator before I can take a shower (parents have to go to another floor) I want to go outside with Georgia to show her the fall colors, I want to have a glass of wine while I cook dinner, I want to not be sitting here in the dark on the computer.. I want to go home and be done with this whole nightmare. Instead we're in the beginning phase, albeit done with a big scary portion but we have a long road ahead of us.
I talked with attending oncologist today about different scenarios based on what they see after doing an MRI in a couple of weeks... hopefully the tumor is just gone but if not they may do a PET scan to see if anything left is scar tissue or live tumor cells, if chemo needed to continue there is a chance that we could do some low dose outpatient stuff but it will all just depend on what they see. I was happy to hear her say that the goal is to NOT do another round of the AML therapy.

2 comments:

  1. Alison, I'm glad to hear you got some fresh air. I can't imagine what you are experiencing. Me and my family will keep you, Brian and Georgia in our prayers.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to get away for even a small amount of time. I will take some pictures and if they will allow them in gather some leaves for Georgia. I fyou can think of anything else of the kind that you would like to have to let her experience, please just let me know. Did she get the candy corn bear? His name is Lt. Col. Candy Corn according to the guys at work. I hope Georgia enjoys him.

    ReplyDelete