Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This is an overdue THANK YOU! Miki and I go back a long time, we met sophomore year of high school and became instant friends, she was really like a third sister to Leslie and me. Miki's mom Geri helped us take care of my mom in the last months of her life - something I have never properly thanked her for, she took on so much and was incredibly supportive of our family. Miki and I went to the same college and joined the same sorority, slowly our lives drifted apart but we always seemed to cross paths in one way or another over the years... I went to her wedding and she went to mine then another couple of years would go by. When everything started with Georgia I heard from Miki almost immediately, offering support and encouraging words. Earlier this month Miki pulled off a very successful blood drive that she put together on her own. She got the word out, filled the slots and even if Georgia doesn't see any of the blood donated 120 people will benefit from what she's done . Thank you to all who showed up and donated, I was amazed by some of the names that I saw on our card, people are unbelievably kind and are truly making a difference. My dear Miki.. thank you my friend, thank you.

Miki's son Trace, Miki and Austin a high school friend

No comments:

Post a Comment