Sunday, November 14, 2010

Life at home is an adjustment, I so badly want to slip back into what was our normal routine. There is a lot of pressure to do things right - by my standards, for Georgia. Her lines have to be flushed once a day making sure not to introduce any bacteria in the process - this is challenging to do on your own with an almost one year old.. if my hand touches something other than her line once it's been sterilized I have to start over. The house needs to be clean, Georgia has to take a bath everyday which involves covering her Hickman line to protect it from any water getting in, she needs to take her meds and have her temperature taken twice a day - so far it hasn't been a problem that we can't go anywhere... there isn't any time!

I am happy to report that Georgia is eating really well and pulling herself up on anything and everything.. I saw her move from one piece of furniture to the next for the first time last night.. this girl isn't wasting any time. My little mover was enjoying the music tonight, doing a little dance (yes, that's Lady Gaga you hear).. with all the seriousness of what's happening we have to keep some things light!

3 comments:

  1. oh I miss that beautiful face! Glad to hear you are back at home dancing, girl!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was SO happy to see you both this weekend. I just want to hug her and squeeze her so I have resorted to my imagination!! LOL!!! They say that happens as you get older! I'm just taking it for a test run. She looks good... tired but good... YOU look tired but happy to be home. I am so hoping you are both now getting some much needed sleep. I am one doorstep away for anything you may want or need... What kind of espresso?

    ReplyDelete