Monday, November 8, 2010

After reporting Georgia's stats two days ago I was a little disappointed that her ANC went to zero again yesterday - they said that it would bounce around but you always hope it won't. I was trying not to set my sights too high so when they came in and said her ANC was 91 and her platelets were at 124 I was thrilled!! She is recovering so well the attending said that assuming things continue this way we could plan on going home by the end of the week - this is HUGE! We will need to do another MRI and bone marrow aspirate but can do those as an outpatient. Five weeks ago today we started this nightmare of a roller coaster and the idea of going home for a bit is such a freeing feeling... our "jail" term is almost up!
This afternoon Lynette Huffman Johnson the founder of Soulmination came to take pictures of Georgia. Ironically we participated in a fund raiser for this amazing foundation back in May. Although I initially shied away from the idea of someone taking photos of Georgia I realized that many, many years from now all three of us can look at these photos and remember how we made it through together. http://soulumination.org/home.html

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I will be so glad when all of this crazyness is behind you. I know Georgia will have a long road of recovery after the transplant but she has been such an inspiration with her resilance and spirit! The tutu is PERFECT! I just got one for my grand-neice. They would make anyone smile!!
    You are also an inspiration Alison... your strength in the face of what some would call a tragedy has been amazing. You have taken this situation and learned new things, gotten closer to your daughter and husband and family, discovered how many people are really truely there for you and you have smiled and cried and your heart has raged. Then, at the end of the day, you spend your last energy reserves to pour your heart out on the internet keeping us informed and sharing your lives. Thank you Alison... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to read your wonderful news! And I am so happy Lynette was able to do pictures. It will be awesome to look back at the images in the years ahead and recall the time when you realized what an incredible little fighter you have on your hands. All my thoughts are with you and your family and I can't wait to read about your break out of the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got goose bumps reading this. A bit of happiness is what you three deserve. We are thinking of you and little Georgia. I check almost everyday for a bit of news. Can't wait to meet this little fighter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thrilled you all are close to going home, that is going to feel so great, I'm sure! Wonderful! And fantastic that Lynette was able to do those pictures, I'm so happy that worked out!

    ReplyDelete