Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In hospital life with an up comes a down... we are still on looking good numbers wise, although her ANC was down to 84 today no one seemed to think that would get us off course. Yesterday was the first day that I was joyful about something other than Georgia just being Georgia... today I picked up the literature about transplant. There is so much to learn and so many scary things ahead. We met with a nurse today to get us ready to go home - we have to learn a new way of life... It is absolutely critically important that Georgia stay healthy before she goes to transplant. I will take her temperature twice a day, give her meds, have clinic appointment twice a week. She can't be in crowds - like a grocery store, we have to thoroughly clean our house once a week to prevent bacteria, dust and viruses. Tomorrow I will learn how to flush her central line which has to be done once a day and change the dressing weekly... all things that professionally trained medical staff has been doing. We really need to limit the amount of people that Georgia is exposed to, because of this we simply can't have visitors. I have to walk a fine line between keeping Georgia safe and keeping myself sane.
I am looking forward to things that use to seem like simple pleasures - going for a walk, heck just going outside on a daily basis. Cooking my own food... drinking wine! Fingers crossed that this will all be happening in the next couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. Oh lady....I can't wait to read the words "we are home!". Amazon fresh works well for groceries or we deliver too....:). Love u guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA! That's great news that you may be home soon. I'm thrilled for you!!! and happy to hear Georgia is doing well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for you guys. I am sure it will be heaven to sleep in your own bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited!!! I will post a guard at the door if I have to! Anything you need just say so. Dave goes to Safeway every day (weird huh?) and we hit Costco every week and are happy to bring in whatever supplies you will need. Diapers, food, cleaning supplies... you name it!

    ReplyDelete