Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've spent the day wound so tight I thought I might burst - it feels like so much is riding on the MRI and bone marrow aspirate that Georgia is having done tomorrow. Brian got home this morning which I thought would ease my fears and take my mind off of the obvious but no such luck. Late in the day I went to the store, a little break after several days on my own.. I thought maybe I could breathe and make grocery shopping a distraction, it didn't work either. I found myself wandering the isles unable to focus on the task at hand, feeling more uptight than ever. We have every reason to believe that tomorrow will go well, Georgia is pulling up on everything, bouncing on her legs, moving from furniture to toy and back again, she's crawling, kicking and loving it all - I just know there aren't any guarantees. What we know is that the course of treatment thus far has worked no matter what tomorrow shows, Georgia is so much more physically active than she was six weeks ago. I never waiver on if we will get through this, I just don't know how rocky the road is going to be.

1 comment:

  1. There is no more riding on the MRI and marrow aspirate today than there was 6 weeks ago before you knew it was coming. You are going through an insane ordeal and if spacing out and wandering the isles is the worst that you do then you will be fine. No matter what the outcome of the tests, you will move on to the next step, no matter what that step may be. You and Brian are together with your daughter. You are a family. You will make it through whatever is thrown your way. I have faith in you and I have faith in Georgia. Take a deep breath and try to relax. If you want to wander the isles I will drive to the biggest store we can find and you can wander till you unwind. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete