Monday, January 3, 2011

When I was pregnant I signed up for a PEPS group knowing how much by sister had enjoyed meeting other moms with kids the same age I thought I would be fun to experience that myself. I remember going to our first meeting, everyone telling their labor story, we started meeting for walks and I always looked forward to the meetings each week. When we were in the hospital I got so much support in many different ways from all of these women... those who'd I'd met only a few months earlier - each one of them knew what it felt like to be a first time mom, each one of them knew Georgia. Shortly after we arrived home Sandee dropped off a quilt that she'd made and each of the kids had put their hand print on.. there was one empty square in the middle for Georgia's hand. The quilt is amazing, each fabric was thoughtfully picked out to remind us of angles, family, healing and cancer survivors and of course all of our buddies that we can't wait to play with again. Thank you to all of the moms and babes and especially Sandee for making this for us, it is proudly displayed on the playroom wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment