Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today is a better day. Last night Georgia's temperature was up but she didn't technically spike a fever and she had a fairly restful night. This afternoon much to my surprise she started eating again! We have been bringing Georgia's food in (thanks Grammy & Grandpa) but today when her food tray arrived I thought what the heck, I showed her the food and just left it sitting in my lap with her and all of a sudden she stared to eat... noting like hospital food to get your appetite back on track!
The team rounded this morning and ironically were all wearing purple.. the attending, nurse practitioner, dietitian, social worker... and Georgia happen to be wearing a purple dress too... signs of cancer survival everywhere! They all acknowleged that she looked really good given all that was going on.
When I was awake in the middle of the night I couldn't help but wonder what time our donor was having his surgery... Germany is eight hours ahead so by the time we were up and going no doubt things where under way if not already finished. The team said that our cells will arrive either on a midnight or 2am flight, they will then go to the SCCA to be processed to a volume appropriate for Georgia's size then the actual transplant will take place. Technically it will happen tomorrow which is Georgia's 14 month birthday.
I have to acknowledge our donor, I think about where I was at 25 years old, far from donating bone marrow to say the least. I can't find the right words to express the amount of gratitude we have for him, for the gift of a new healthy start he is giving to my heart and soul.. my Georgia girl.

2 comments:

  1. SOO glad that today was a better day for you guys. What a girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have quite the little girl! She's got a lot of people pulling for her - keep up the good work Georgia (and mom and dad)!

    ReplyDelete