Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm not gonna lie, the past day and half has been really hard. Last night Georgia became nauseous and was sick through the night, this morning she had a fever but fortunately it quickly went away on its own but tonight its back. My little bug doesn't want to eat and feels rotten.
As her mom all I want to do it take the discomfort away, I want to be done with this... I want to never have had to start. I hate this for her.
Right now the world seems like an unforgivably cruel place, to have any of this go on is awful but to a baby, it's complete insanity. I feel so bad that there isn't anything I can do for her, I am suppose to be able to fix her hurts, to make things better but all I can do is sit an watch nurses hook up medicine to her IV pole. This isn't how young life should be.
We were able to move rooms today so I am trying to see that as a fresh start, I am hoping that Georgia feels better here, not only health wise but energy wise, it's bigger, we've set up a play area and now need to find some decorations to brighten things up.
Tomorrow is transplant day but that won't actually happen until tomorrow night, or possibly in the middle of the night. I know it is the start of a new healthy immune system and I keep telling myself that to be done with all of this we have to start, but sometimes I can't help but be really sad that any of this is happening.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Healthy Immune System Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for the Serenity Prayer!! We are all here for you and wishing you the best and sending strength your way, Prayers for a healthy Georgia and rapid healthy recovery!

    ReplyDelete