Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day +6

In just a few years she won't want me to do this... when she's a teenager she'd rather be anywhere but right here... this is what I was thinking as I sat in the rocking chair in our room and rocked Georgia for the better part of five hours today. She was so snuggled up in my arms, totally relaxed and sleeping.
Last night was better, still up sick several times but better. I'd been trying to figure out for the past couple of days why Georgia kept itching.. the morphine had to be out of her system. Just before turning off the computer last night I got an email with what turned out to be the right answer. Over the weekend Georgia was switched from a saline IV drip to a dextrose one basically salt water to sugar water. What the email said was that dextrose is typically made from a corn base - Georgia doesn't do well with corn. I asked our nurse if we could switch back and she said she'd check with the overnight doc but didn't see why that would be a problem. Finally she had peace, she stopped the tossing and turning during the night she was able to totally relax when she slept. Today she was very calm all day, I was able to get out of the room for a little bit and was happy that we didn't spend the entire day in bed. To the two women behind the email answer, you know who you are... thank you, and to our nurse, thanks for always being so supportive of our family.
Georgia is still battling a fever so when you think of her send cool thoughts.. we need this to go away.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking totally CHILL thoughts... not so cold as to cause additional issues... more like how she looks in that one picture where she's kicked back in the lawn chair (MY personal Favorite!). So happy to hear you have finally eliminated the next itchy culprit. Saw Brian yesterday... I am so glad you two have each other. You are a wonderful mom and wife and he is the doting awsome dad and husband. I cheer for all three of you!!

    ReplyDelete