Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day +31

Ah, my Georgia girl you are 15 months old today. Exactly one month ago you received your bone marrow transplant and are currently doing really well. We recently got a blood test back that showed 100% donor - really good news. This past month we've been to hell and back but you have emerged an even brighter version of yourself if that's possible.
I think your favorite word is a toss up... mama or bubble. You LOVE bubbles and can spot a bottle from a mile away. You are still quite the charmer and have such a great sense of humor... you're really funny.
I tried my hardest to get us the ok to go for a walk outside but being in isolation made that "against the rules"... I desperately wanted to say you'd had a breath of fresh air in your 14th month but I am sad to say that you didn't. I promise you this little one... as much outside time as you want as soon as we are home.
You are really regaining your strength and are standing for 10-20 seconds at a time on your own... favorite spot to do that... in the middle of the bed! Daddy and I love to play the "love" game with you - we hold our arms out and say love?... you usually smile and lean in for a hug... other times you shake your head no and smile a wide grin.
We love you so much and the ONLY thing that has made the past month bearable is you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama you break my heart while making me smile.
    Georgia, Happy 15 month Birthday!! How about some wheat free, Gluten free cookies? Will bake them tomorrow and give to daddy to deliver!
    I love and miss you all! It's time to get better and get out of there!
    *Hate spelling errors... had to repost*

    ReplyDelete