Monday, February 7, 2011

Day +19

First things first, Georgia's little body should be celebrated, it is working so hard and has achieved an ANC of 3479 - absolutely amazing.
It was decided this morning at rounds that we would ultimately forge ahead on our current path. Georgia's weight was 12.1kg today, down just .1kg from 24 hours before. The hope is that she is plateauing right now and that within the next several days we will start to see an improvement. Ultimately Georgia's body will choose the fluid ridding regimen, her liver and kidney function numbers are being closely watched, so far so good given the therapy she is on but if that changes so will the road to progress. She is so thirsty and is not allowed to drink anything, she's always pointing at my water bottle or the sink. I understand why but it isn't something you can explain to a 14 month old.
Today seems to be a better day, we're finally caught up on her pain medication and although I don't think she is actually in pain she showed us earlier this week she needs to be carefully weened. We now have a play mat which she tested out this afternoon, I put a pillow on each side of her, a little funny but true that she just isn't as stable with so much new weight straight out in front of her.

Georgia and her favorite bee... thanks Debby!

Sleeping beauty

G & Daddy asleep in the PICU


The belly

4 comments:

  1. what a little cutie she is! I am thinking of you guys and sending thoughts of pee-success your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pea!! Oh I just want to hug the little bug.
    xoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to see some pictures of her. I can't get over the hair! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad she loves the bee... hmmm what can I come up with next? It just so happens I have been spending some time down in the sewing room (a co-worker is pregnant so doing my usual)and have been thinking about what I can make for Georgia... A corset came to mind considering current cirsumstances, I thought it MIGHT be helpful but then... just what kind of fabric pattern does a person use for an infant corset? Has one ever been made before? No... don't think it's a good idea. maybe some home made fuzzy critters that can also be used as pillows... maybe a super soft blankie big enough to share with mommy and daddy? Ponderous... very, very ponderous.
    I love you all and miss seeing you every day.
    I am now going to pray for pee... lots and lots of pee. Fill the diaper amounts of it! That Buddha Belly has got to go!

    ReplyDelete