Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day +14

It's official folks, she's engrafted! Georgia's ANC is 870 today which is simply remarkable. Her red blood cell count is holding, for the first time in almost two weeks she didn't need platelets and a few medications came off the IV pole today.
Georgia's weight was up again so she is getting a few doses of diuretics to hopefully flush the extra fluid out. My little lady has a buddah belly, no wonder she isn't hungry, her belly is full! Like yesterday she has spent much of today sleeping, no doubt increasing those counts as we speak.
This process has been different in almost every way I imagined, easier in places I thought would be hard and hard in ways I'd never imagined. It feels so good to see actual progress happening.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy to see things moving forward!!! Those rough times were progess too... just not the fun kind. So glad you are reducing the items on the pole... that's a good sign! I am so excited for you all. I am still praying every day and trust me when I say THAT is something new for me! LOL... Let me know if there is anything I can do... anything you need. I am off tomorrow and Friday (the dog thing from a few months back) but have time for anything you may need. After Brian brought by the most recent bag I told him we were going to have to cook dinner for him! If he's around this weekend maybe Dave will share something from the smoker!! NEVER Buy Brian a smoker!!! My pants are having a hard time adjusting.
    So smile, rest while you can and know that all of us out here waiting for Georgia to come home are all smiling right now from your good news post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is the first blog I've checked in on this sleepy morning, and just like that, I'm awake and smiling ear-to-ear! Great news! Give that little girl a kiss for all of her supporters out here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea yea yea!!!! That's wonderful news! We knew you could do it, mommy, daddy, and GEORGIA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL news!!! AMAZING! I am so happy for you and sweet Georgia!!!! Prayers are being answered!

    ReplyDelete