Friday, December 14, 2012

Santa

For the last two years Georgia hasn't been able to go to visit Santa and sit on his lap.  Thankfully my dad has been willing to take on the challenge, for the past two years he's rented a costume and for the past two years he's had Georgia on his lap... crying.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate his willingness to torture himself in an effort to make sure there isn't a vacant spot on our mantel where the Santa pictures go.
Today we went to visit Santa at his "office" as Georgia called it.  We drove out to Issaquah to meet Blake and Lauren, given the slight trauma in the past, I thought her cousins might help Georgia get through the experience.  I think this was their third trip to see Santa so we certainly appreciate the effort!
Georgia walked slowly up the ramp and Blake sweetly put his hand on Georgia's back and guided her to the glass door so Georgia could see the big man himself.  We walked in and she immediately became shy, she then became more curious when Blake hopped right up on Santa's lap and started talking to him, she looked at me, "he talks mama!" Santa asked what each of the kids wanted for Christmas and without hesitation Georgia replied, "a princess bike."  When it was time for the picture and I asked if she wanted to sit on Santa's lap or the big red box, she thought for a second then motioned to his lap, up she went.  It was great, all three the kids smiled, but I'm pretty sure mine was the biggest.
After parting ways, Georgia and I went and picked up a few things at Target, after we loaded our things in the car she said, "I want to see Santa again."  After asking her half a dozen times if she was sure, we headed back over for another visit.  This time she walked right in, and climbed up on his lap, still wanting a princess bike, but adding clothes and shoes to her list.  She was happy to sit for another picture and I'm still not sure which one of us was happier as we left.



 Guess who was impersonated at bath time tonight?
Proudly wearing her Christmas PJ's!

No comments:

Post a Comment