Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tricky

I'd just barely hit the "publish" button on my last blog post when the phone rang, it was the SCCA calling about the labs Georgia had taken earlier that day.  We checked her labs again this week because her Sirolimus level (big immune suppressant) was running high.  The Sirolimus level was still pending but there was a bit of concern around her liver function tests.  As we talked about the numbers and what they could possibly mean I could feel my heartbeat accelerate, in an instant I was panicked and was wondering if this was the world playing some sort of joke on me, as if laughing saying, "were you just saying something about letting go?" 
The possibilities are these, her body is still working on getting rid of the nasty stomach virus she had, possible but unlikely that her high drug level is effecting it or GVHD of the liver.  In my heart of hearts I don't think it's GVHD but it's a very scary idea, GVHD in the liver is very serious.  Labs are tricky, they only tell part of the story, then you have to go hunting for the rest.  The plan for now is to have her labs re-checked early next week and go from there.
After I hung up I realized that we needed to get ready to go to our Gilda's Club fashion show meeting.  With my heart still pounding I went in to check on Georgia who was still napping, I woke her up and was immediately irritated that she had to miss out on sleep to go.  The last meeting we'd gone to was a bit overwhelming for Georgia and I didn't want to put her in that situation again.  We arrived at the meeting and Georgia seemed to perk up, once she saw our friend Anna walk through the door she was all smiles - finally another kid!  Turns out Georgia had a blast at the meeting, goofing off with Anna and practicing her runway walk.  After our first meeting I was starting to second guess our choice to have Georgia in the show simply from a shyness standpoint, last night she had a ball and she's already asking when she gets to see Anna again.  The meeting last night was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of things and just see my girl having fun, ah life, it's so tricky.


Anna & Georgia

Let me just say, Anna is a natural, poses, struts down the runway - she's ready! 
I think Georgia is warming up to the idea of walking the catwalk. 
Georgia and I will walk together but here the girls are practicing together.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this web site, will definitely come returning. Make sure you carry on composing top awesome articles.Thanks for providing awesome details. Your web page is so awesome. I'm surprised at important details that you've on this blog page. It reveals how completely you comprehend this subject. Included this web page web page, will come returning for more articles.zara

    ReplyDelete