Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Georgia,
Today I get to celebrate being a mom because of you.  I am one of those people whose known her whole life I've wanted to be a mom, growing up I was indecisive about a lot of things but never about desire to be a mom. 
Someday if you choose to have children you'll understand the way I love you, it's impossible to fully grasp until that day arrives.  All of the cliches are true, I love you so much it hurts and there are times when I think I could literally eat you up! 
I am so proud of you and who you are becoming, you are caring and kind, have strong opinions, love to laugh and you've got a style all your own! 
I am fortunate to have had an incredible role model, grandma Claudia taught me so much, helping me to figure out who I wanted to be, what things really matter in life and she always gave the most unconditional love.  I can't promise to be perfect, but hope I can be to you what she was to me.  I know that I got more from her in 19 years than some get in a lifetime.
There will be times when I think I've run out of patience or you think I am the worst thing that's ever happened but know that I love you my girl, every minute of everyday.  My first wish for you will always be health but beyond that I want you to be happy, whatever that means to you.  I will be here to help you achieve your goals, be an ear to listen and to help you gain focus when the world doesn't seem fair.  I will love you no matter what.  I feel so lucky to have you has my daughter Georgia, I love you so much.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment