Friday, May 18, 2012

Park, Purell and a style all your own

Georgia you are at such a fun age right now, becoming more independent and self sufficient and loving a little more freedom.  The other day after you woke up from you nap we decided to take a trip to the park.  In true fashion, you wanted to change your clothes, you picked out every single item and put each one on yourself.  When you picked out sandals to wear I assured you that you didn't need to wear socks too but you insisted.  I asked if you wanted a clip or rubber band to keep your hair out of your eyes (a new thrill of ours!) and you decided on a headband that you promptly put on yourself.  After putting your shoes on you stood up, looking proud and said "ready!"  On the drive down you asked if the slide was broken (aka too many kids at the playground) and I said we'd have to see when we got there.  We arrived and much to my delight the playground was nearly empty.  You walked up to the steps leading to the slide, grabbed my hand and slid down, at the bottom you asked if you could get off on your belly, sure, I said.  The next trip up to the slide you asked if you could hold onto the railings (something we try to avoid because all of the other runny nose kids touch them) my heart sank a little because you are so compliant with all of the restrictions put on you.  Knowing I had plenty of Purell I said to go ahead. 
I love the confidence I see in you and so appreciate that we can communicate about the special care we need to take in certain situations.  We're working on it Georgia, soon the slide will never be broken and although I'm sure I'll always have Purell, maybe we'll leave it in the car. 



No comments:

Post a Comment