Friday, May 4, 2012

Slow & Steady

Things here have been busy, I wish I could say fun-busy but I can't.  Last Monday we had our monthly clinic visit which went fine, Georgia's labs look good and she'd gained weight - finally 26 pounds!!  We talked about what activities Georgia would be doing this summer and about her upcoming fashion show that a few of her doctors will likely attend! 
The next day we met my sister and Georgia's cousins at the zoo - how normal, I loved it!  Seeing the kids run and play together makes me so incredibly happy.  By that evening Brian and I were talking about the Prednisone taper that would start the following week, we're ready, I thought.  Georgia wasn't very interested in dinner and told me her tummy hurt, then out of the blue, she threw up.  All of a sudden it was clear that the "food poisoning" we thought Brian had a few days earlier was a stomach virus.  That night was rough, Georgia was really sick and feeling miserable.  Brian's bug lasted 2-3 days so I was hopeful this would pass quickly.. not the case for an immune suppressed kiddo.  A week went by with improvements but slow ones and two things were clear, Georgia didn't weigh 26 pounds any more and we wouldn't be starting a Prednisone taper. 
The last several days have been much better and her eating has almost returned to normal.  After talking with her docs and having labs done we decided to push her taper out a week at least, we'll be touching base on Monday to see when we'll start.  Likely her taper will now drop down every 7-10 days instead of the current 5 day drop. 
All in all this feels like an unnecessary sucker punch but I know she will get back to 26 pounds (and beyond) and that the taper can wait.  Just a reminder of slow and steady, that's how this goes.



 Georgia & Lauren at the zoo

 Blake

So happy to see her cousins!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little sweet pea! Hoping she'll be back in the pink, quick quick!

    ReplyDelete