Saturday, May 19, 2012

2.5 and 16 Months!

Today you are 2 1/2 and 16 months post transplant Georgia!  This morning I thought about where we were 16 months ago and was instantly fighting back tears, then I looked at you and smiled.  You are so full of life, happy and thriving.  You are also full of words, here are a few of my favorites:

I bumped your finger on accident and you said "mama, finger... love you so much no!"

When you don't like something that I'm doing you're quick to respond, "stop do-ning (doing) that!"

When we ask you where you live you always say "Peace Jungle" we have no idea where it came from but it sounds like a lovely place.

When you hear the coffee maker beep in the morning you say "mama, coffee ready for you!"

You love to point out motorcycles and when I ask you what mama says about Georgia riding a motorcycle you laugh and say "no way, dangerous!"

I asked you the other day what you were doing, you replied, "nofing citing" (nothing exciting)

Lately when I tell you what were going to do next, ie: eat lunch, go outside, go to the store, you respond with "good plan."

You still love clothes and continue to change your clothes multiple times a day.  You get such a kick out of picking out each item and putting it on by yourself.  I often see socks and sandals, rain boots and a sun hat and always lots of color.

You are my neat and tidy girl, you are always asking for a napkin when you eat and don't like having a "messy face" as you call it.  You are helpful in putting away your toys and laundry.  A few weeks ago I thought you'd have fun finger painting, about two minutes in you lifted up your hands and in a somewhat stressed voice said, "mama, messy hands."  I do think our need for keeping you as germ free as possible contributes to this but I am seeing more and more signs that this is also just in your nature... now if I could only get you to let me brush your hair.

I love you my girl, I couldn't be more proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment