Friday, May 18, 2012

Soul

I know I'll never understand why Georgia had to have cancer and I've stopped searching for that answer.  Throughout the last 18 months I've seen so many tragic stories and have often asked, why?  I have made an effort to stop asking questions but several weeks ago I learned something and literally said aloud, "you've got to be kidding me."
Lynette Johnson is an incredible woman who founded the non-profit organization, Soulumination.  She has worked hard to grow this organization that takes photos of children in life threatening situations or are terminally ill, she wants to give families something to hold on to.  We were lucky enough to have Lynette capture some pictures that I treasure.  Soulumination is here because of Lynette, the  photographers that she has brought together have the ability to come into the lives of people, sick people, scared people and capture moments that are so pure and true.  
Lynette is this creative life force, you feel different when you're around her - she's something special.  Several weeks ago I saw a post on Facebook that took me to Lynette's Blog on the Soulumination website, Lynette had just been diagnosed with lymphoma.  What is so incredible about her is that since that initial post where she talked about literally hanging up on her doctor and going to kick something, Lynette has posted pictures in various masks and super hero costumes stating "we need to have a lot more fun with cancer than is expected."  Earlier this week she posted, "okay guess it time to gather my weapons, put on the big girl undies and boots and let her rip, chemo here we come, a little kicking and screaming, a bit of calm as I know I have love on my side and a touch of spunk..."
Please keep Lynette in your prayers, she started chemotherapy today and is sure to show lymphoma whose boss! 

The day Lynette was diagnosed the thing she said would lift her spirits was if she could get 1,000 "Likes" for Soulumination on Facebook, she achieved that goal but if you're on Facebook please keep it going.  Here is a link to Lynette's blog and the Soulumination website, it really is an incredible organization, please consider donating.


http://www.soulumination.org/index.php/site/entry/i-get-by-with-a-little-help-from-my-friends

1 comment:

  1. Lynette is amazing, and mere words just can't explain what a gift Soulumination is. Such good work! I am right there with you sending up prayers for Lynette. The world needs this good woman!

    ReplyDelete