Friday, June 24, 2011

A Marathon Among Marathons

Meredith and I met through a moms group when our girls were just a few months old, we clicked right away, bonded by our fears and frustrations of conquering mommy-hood. I remember calling her while Georgia was getting her first MRI, I kept saying, she's just a baby... Meredith understood, her daughter Charlotte is just three weeks younger than Georgia. In between our first hospital stay and transplant Meredith called and said she had something to tell me, she, a non-runner like myself had decided to join Team in Training which benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma society, she was going to run a half marathon honoring Georgia.
Tomorrow is the Rock & Roll Marathon, Meredith has been training like crazy, is the top fundraiser for TNT Seattle, has had t-shirts made and is going to do a fantastic job! Through her involvement with TNT we have gained so much support from people we've never met - I've received pictures from training runs and encouragement along the way. So to all of the runners, good luck... but to the TNT runners, especially Meredith, thank you, we're proud of you and your achievements!



Charlotte & Georgia last fall



Team Georgia!



Go Team Go!



Training run picture



More support from TNT WA/AK



From a sorority sister in Alaska






Here is Georgia's motivational speech for Meredith & TNT for tomorrows race:



3 comments:

  1. We walked the 1/2 marathon today and I was so excited to see Georgia's picture on multiple people's shirts. She was very well represented and thought of the whole way!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing experience. I would do it again and again and again for Georgia! She truly inspired me every step of the way, one foot in front of the other.
    Thank you again for cheering me on at the course.
    Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Team in Training and for Georgia!

    ReplyDelete