Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day +150

Oh Georgia girl, I can hardly believe it, when you wake up in the morning you'll be 19 months old! This month has been one with a lot of change and development.. you're taking it ALL in! You are constantly on the move wanting to "wa-wa" (walk) and love to repeat words that daddy and I say... the other night as I was trying to get you to sleep you looked at me and kept saying "mayme, mayme.. so proud of repeating my "maybe". You love to point out and say baby.. you know what a baby is but you also think that anyone being pushed in something with wheels is a baby.. this would be a stroller and a wheelchair. You're becoming very polite saying please ("peas") and thank you (or something that sounds a lot like it). You are also starting to put words together, here are a few that I've heard recently:

- bye-bye da-da
- me night-night
- more peas (please).. my favorite
- no, no mama.. the one I hear most often

In my desperation to get you to eat we try a lot of different foods in a lot of different places.. recently you've taken a liking to eating things on toothpicks (thank you for the idea Katie!) but last night you were in a pampering mood wanting to eat french fries (cooked in butter nonetheless) while taking a bath... I couldn't have been happier! This was followed up by another favorite of yours.. having your feet rubbed - every night when we get ready for bed you take my hands and put them on your feet and say "more".. maybe I should think about putting out a sign for the Handsaker's Spa, specializing in french fries and foot rubs!
The thought of how much I love you almost takes my breath away. You're fun, funny, wise beyond your time and the absolute light of my life.
Tomorrow is a big day, not only do you turn 19 months old, and not only is it Father's Day.. but five months ago you got your transplant - we've got a long way to go, but we have certainly traveled some ground.


"Relaxing" in your chair

Georgia, where is your tongue?

sweet girl

You LOVE being outside!

Showing off your new sidewalk chalk

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 150 days, quite a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Georgia . . . such an amazing little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wonder why I (your neighbor) would buy toys and clothes and such for Georgia... look at that face! Look at your little girl! She is so sweet and smart and funny and AMAZING! It's all I can do to not just reach out and sqeeze her till she giggles (can't wait till she's done with the immune suppresants! Just a warning LOL) How can I not do what I am allowed to do for her. Trust me when I tell you I am restraining myself! You and Brian are two of the most amazing people I know. You are incredible parents and have an incredible daughter. Your trials this last year have reminded me of so many things in my past and reminded me how amazing our children are.

    ReplyDelete