Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day +148

Today as I was waiting for the call from Children's Hospital on the results of Georgia's MRI I sent an email to a friend,, I told her how things are so hard and I feel like I've slipped and can't get my footing again.. a short time later the phone rang and I feel like I've finally got some traction.
Georgia's MRI showed "continued healing" and that the area where the dead cells are is measuring smaller than about six weeks ago. This is what we wanted to hear, it's important and it allowed the weight that has been sitting on my chest for several weeks to let up a bit.
I am working on refocusing and getting back to the new version of my old self, not to live in constant fear but to take in today and all that it has to offer. Georgia's labs have for the most part been rock stable since transplant, seeing that change while seeing a young girl lose her battle with cancer has had an incredibly profound effect on me.. that's part of who I am too, sensitive to a fault sometimes but for now I have to put that on the back burner and stay on track with my girl - we can only live our story and today we got some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment