Friday, March 25, 2011

An Evening for Georgia

Tonight an event was held in honor of our family but most of all honoring our sweet baby Georgia and her courageous battle. The idea that so much time was spent putting together every detail, that so many amazing gifts were donated, so much effort was put forth is incredible but the absolutely most astonishing thing of it all is the love and generosity that has been shown to us.
People just want to feel like they are doing something to help is what I kept hearing from my sister and friends when the idea of an auction was first mentioned... I'm not gonna lie, there was an element of it all that felt awkward, being the recipient of something so generous.. but as I let my pride go I continued to be amazed by the help that people were offering.
Tonight I drove to the SCCA to pick up Georgia's TPN, I knew the event was being set up and had been told about some photos of her that had been blown up.. imagining my friends putting these pictures up I still, nearly six months into this journey couldn't believe that the girl in the photos is Georgia, that my daughter is going through this. It felt like this was an event for someone else and that for one reason or another I wasn't able to attend. I headed into the SCCA I ran into our social worker - we chatted a bit and before we parted ways she said, from everything I hear it sounds like Georgia is doing well. It feels good to know that is the sentiment of the folks at the SCCA and I want to pass that message on... this is an uphill battle, one steeper than I could have ever imagined but we're doing it.
I don't know how to impress upon people enough what a difference they are making in our lives.. the sheer goodness that people have, and are willing to give fills me up and makes it easier to carry on.
A special thank you to Sarah, Jayme, Tirza, Meredith, Debbie, Joci, Burnley, Kurt and my sister Leslie for giving their time, energy and skills to An Evening for Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment