Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day +69

Today we had out second clinic appointment since being discharged from the hospital.. we recently increased her dose of Beclomethazone (low dose steriod) and are still on TPN. The goal was to have her eating increase as well as her weight. Today her weight was the same (alright, down .04) but her appetite has improved over the last couple of days.
When I was pregnant I did my best to eat all organic foods.. you know make smart choices since I was making those choices for more than just myself. Just before Georgia was ready to eat food I took a class, learned about what can be offered when, how to make your own baby food and to instill healthy habits... I laugh at that now because two days ago I couldn't stop smiling as I counted 16 McDonald's french fries go into Georgia's mouth. We have become regulars at the McDonald's drive through... whatever it takes I say!
The decision was made to stay the course right now. We also talked about the potential of a different drug called Sirolilmus, something that has been studied and will quite possibly become part of the new JMML protocol. In some instances this drug has been added instead of Prednisone to control GVHD. Concerning JMML, Sirolimus is part of a new study so right now it's considered a theory that hasn't been validated. We hope to continue to see improvement in Georgia's weight and eating, if not we'll need to talk further about our options. For now, bring on the fries and anything else that is high in calories... easier said than done when you're talking about a 16 month old and eating!

1 comment:

  1. You tell me what you want for her to eat and I will bake it, create, drive to the local McDonalds in the dark of night, order it on line, commission others to make it... whatever it takes to get her to eat! I guess there are still food allergies? Tell me what they are. I know lots of people with different sensitivities who may have recipes.

    ReplyDelete