Sunday, January 29, 2012

The last 24 hours have felt different than I would have guessed, they've come with tears of joy and sadness, reflection and a bit of feeling stuck.  I think perhaps to the outside world we've done it, achieved our goal so now we're done.  The only problem is this wasn't a broken bone, we didn't just get an x-ray that says Georgia is all healed up so have a nice life.. we are still very much in this battle we refer to as a marathon. 
My complex feelings aside it was time to celebrate, after a much needed nap we headed to my sister's house so Georgia could see her cousins!  It was a great evening with some much deserved play time.  On our drive home Georgia kept requesting french fries, who am I to stand in the way of that request, this is your day!  Once home we needed to get a quick bath, we turned that into more of a mini spa.
Thanks to my dad for babysitting and my sister for coming to the conference with me, Brian was there on the phone, unfortunately he doesn't have a job where you can go in late. 
It's hard to wrap my head around all that has happened in the last 14 months.  Looking back, the people and relationships this journey has brought about is something I wouldn't have guessed.  I have been criticized by people I never thought possible and loved by people I don't even know.  At the end of the day that got us to today, so that being the case, I wouldn't have it any other way.

 Yay cousins!

 Milk in a champagne glass & french fries in the tub
My beauty

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, my friend...
    Just keep doing what you are doing and screw the rest...you know the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are decades long friends of Georgia’s Grandma Kathye and Grandpa Jim Handsaker and have kept abreast of their beloved granddaughter over the months. Being friends for so long it is no surprise that we have weathered many challenges between all of us, this seems to be part of the beauty of life and friendships. We are very thankful for the updates on Georgia’s progress and how well she is doing. The blog is an incredible documentation of this family’s journey.

    To our dear friends Kathye and Jim, the most recent picture of Georgia 1/29 ‘My Beauty’ is an incredible picture of a healthy and happy little girl. It is very striking that this little beauty looks very much like Grandma Kathye complete with the big smile and spirit! To Allison and Brian we admire the complete devotion and steadfastness required to get here today.

    Charlene, Judy A. Pat, Judy M., Sharon, and Zita

    ReplyDelete