Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day +371

This morning we were up and going again, off to our eye appointment.  I assured Georgia several times on our drive that there would be no pokes - the look on her face told me she wasn't totally convinced.  She did great during her eye exam, her eye sight is totally normal and there are no signs of GVHD, JXG or cataracts.
This afternoon I was getting ready to head out when I heard my phone ring, I ran up the stairs and saw it was the SCCA calling.. deep breath.  Some of the results are back, here is what we know so far:

Chimerism - 100% donor cells
Flow cytometry - negative for leukemia blasts
Skin biopsy - shows nothing of note

We are still waiting on the bone marrow biopsy results, the cytogenetics are looking for the translocation of 5/13.  When Georgia was diagnosed they found that part of her chromosome 5 had broken off and attached to chromosome 13, this is how they will tell if disease is present, they are also looking for Monosomy 7 which is an indicator of JMML.  We have every hope that these tests will come back clean and clear but the fact is they are looking for disease in a different way than the rest of the test so we wait, pray and try to stay focused on what we do know.
In other good news Georgia's blood pressure has been normal during both of her clinic appointments this week so the team doesn't think she needs to be seen by the renal docs tomorrow!

This evening I got an email from my amazing friend Jody, she has been with me through this journey in such a profound way, always sending the right words at the exact right time - today was no different.  She sent a "word cloud" - it is made from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. Jody used this blog as the source and sent me the words. On this pivotal day I was struck by the largest words, the ones used most often over the course of our journey:

2 comments:

  1. I love the word cloud . . . says it all!!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that beautiful cloud...it's your heart and soul right there. One Georgia.

    ReplyDelete