Saturday, February 4, 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words

I love taking pictures of Georgia, capturing her lively spirit to share with others, most people only know her through photos.  It was fun to look back at pictures of Georgia as a little baby, see how she changed, who she looked like and how she was growing.  At the beginning of this journey it felt a little strange to take pictures during such a scary and intimate time but we did it.  Now we take pictures for fun but also to mark significant events along the way. 
Days before we were discharged after transplant I received an email from Michelle Enebo, a photographer who'd been introduced to this blog and had been following our story.  Michelle wrote me and offered to take pictures for us.  I was excited about having some family pictures taken outside of the hospital, we decided to meet and mark 100 days post transplant.  I love the pictures that Michelle took, they captured Georgia's incredible spirit, you can feel the joy coming through the photos.  One of these photos hangs on the Transplant Hero board in Children's Hospital.
Michelle and I have stayed in touch over the year and again she offered to take pictures, I was thrilled with the generous offer.  We met earlier this week to capture our family one year post transplant. 
Thank you Michelle again for these pictures that remind me we have come a long way.

http://enebophotoblog.com/so-happy/

No comments:

Post a Comment