Thursday, February 9, 2012

Are you mocking me?

Several years before I had Georgia a dear friend was telling me about having children, it's like a mirror in front of your face she said.  This little mirror shows you exactly what you do, the words you use and how you are in the world.
We try and do things in a pretty light hearted manner around here, we talk through things, I try and communicate what I want to happen, not what I don't want to happen and on and on.  What I found out the other night is that Georgia is listening.  I was trying to get Georgia to go to bed, something she stalls every night.. I said, Georgia, it's time for ni-night... Georgia looked at me, said "time, ni-night no" (with a huge smile) then stuck out her arms out to each side and said "what?" just like I do when she says she doesn't want to do something I've asked.  Then she pulled her chin down, tilted her head and said "Georgia" in a low voice... I burst out laughing, my child just gave me the face and the serious voice I give her.. ahh my little mirror.

This is now a running joke any time she does something she knows she shouldn't we get the face and the voice... here is a rendition.

2 comments: