Sunday, February 19, 2012

Thirteen Months Post Transplant and 2 1/4 years old

Georgia, you are growing and changing so much everyday, you continue to amaze me with all that you observe, take in and remember.  We were flipping though a magazine the other day and you saw a picture of Emril dressed in a white chefs coat - you pointed, looked at me and asked, "poke?"  I am working to try to help you understand that not everyone in a white coat "pokes" people.  Over the last month (+) I have seen genuine concern from you for other kids.  We have a nightly ritual of looking at the computer together as you take your least favorite meds that are mixed in food, we look at pictures and videos of friends and family.  Several weeks ago you were very out of sorts after we were done, I leaned down and said "honey, what's wrong?".. you burst into tears saying "baby no poke"... all you'd seen was a picture of a newborn baby, but he was held by his mom who was sitting in a hospital bed.  We talked about it and I assured you that the baby didn't get a poke but several days later you melted down again saying "baby no poke."  I had to remind myself that kids think the whole world revolves around them, why would you think other kids would have any different experience than you've had?  This broke my heart and reminded me that you are such a loving sensitive girl.  Since then I have chosen to avoid any hospital pictures and instead look at pictures of our friends who have not spent time in the hospital, I want you to know that's where you are headed.
Your language continues to take off, my most favorite word that you say clear as day is "happy".. "Georgia happy."  You make me so happy my love, happy 13 months post transplant.

A,B,C's

Counting

Still shakin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment