Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lil' Kickers

Today was a bit of a monumental day - Georgia started Lil' Kickers... her first group activity since taking a swimming class when she was six months old.  Not only does she get to play, learn new things and have fun... she gets to do it all with her cousin!  Leslie and I agreed a few months ago that if Georgia was given the green light to participate we'd meet in the middle so the girls could do it together and as an added bonus I get to see my sister once a week! 
It was so fun to see Georgia participating like all of the other kids, she had a great time and we can't wait until next week.  At one point Leslie leaned over to me and said "she's doing it!"  It was all I could do to choke back tears... I know group activities aren't a big deal to most, but today felt huge.




 Gimme Five!
 Build it up and kick it down
 Georgia in action
The cutest Lil' Kickers around

3 comments:

  1. This is such a big day and she looks so happy! I can't even imagine the joy you felt watching her play and having a great time with other kiddos! So much to look forward to. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kick hard! Run like the wind!

    Oh gosh, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete