Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Forward Motion

Our monthly doctor appointments always come with some anxiety, these people who deserve credit for saving my daughter's life are the same ones who hijacked mine so many months ago.  I always go in waiting to hear how our life is going, wanting confirmation that we are still on course. 
Yesterday we had labs, I woke Georgia up early, she opened her eyes, seeing that I was already dressed, the first words out of her mouth were "poke?"  She is a rock star when it comes to blood draws and yesterday was no exception, she took her coat off, pushed up her sleeve and stuck out her arm... all she wants when she's done is a sticker.  Today we went to the SCCA, her weight was up, she went from the 10th to the 25th percentile in just under two months, she has grown another inch and her labs look good.  Everyone was pleased and it was decided that we wouldn't be seen again until the end of July, this will be our longest stretch to date.
Last weekend a sorority sister and friend from college ran the San Diego Rock n' Roll honoring her battle with cancer and Georgia.  Becky said "I'm determined to finish the marathon that I started when I was diagnosed at age 12. I've had Hodgkin's Disease, Thyroid Cancer and now Breast Cancer. I'm ready to finish my cancer marathon and I'll do that on June 3rd. She shared pictures from the race of family in Team Georgia t-shirts but this is the one that brought me to tears... congratulations Becky, you are such an incredible person, thank you for cheering on our family as we continue on our marathon.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Georgia, Mom, and Becky! That is awesome news and you are all amazing...just amazingly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I get to physically lay eyes on Georgia nearly every day, I love to hear the details. I love to hear that she/you won't have to go back until end of July. I love to see and hear about all of the love and supprt that seems to fly around you for Georgia. I don't watch TV news... ever! This is what I want to see! Stories about love and healing and real life no matter how crazy. We love you Handsaker Family!

    ReplyDelete