Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day +92

Ah Georgia girl, time is flying so fast, you turned 17 months old yesterday! You are on the move these days.. you no longer want to be carried everywhere, you want to "wa, wa, wa" while holding my fingers. You are fast on your feet with your walker, my fingers or cruising furniture but whenever I ask you if you want to walk on your own you smile and shake your head no. You take a few steps here and there and will stand in the middle of the room dancing, moving your arms and legs so I know you have the balance and strength, just not the interest yet... I think you really may go from crawling to running.

This week we got your final day 80 bone marrow test back.. 100% donor, fantastic news! You also have done a great job in continuing to eat and weighed 10.089kg at our last appointment which means so long TPN!

You don't miss a beat, always mimicking what daddy and I do and you understand what we're trying to teach you... last week you opened the cabinet under the kitchen sink, looked inside and said "me, no, no, no" all while shaking your pointer finger. You are communicating more with "ya" and big head nods for what you want and you call all food "nana". Lately you've been saying "baby" and pointing them out when you see them. Despite having to wrap your lines and tape up your chest at bath time you love the water.. dipping your face in and asking for more after I've dumped water over your head to wash the soap out. You continue to be the best entertainment that daddy and I have ever seen, throwing your head back when you laugh, still waving and making people smile... and of course dancing!








Here is a little video of an ANC dance you did for your buddy Hunter, and wouldn't you know it, the next day his ANC was up and he got to leave the hospital!


1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray for my little neighbor, Georgia. I love the news you received today. Sending good thoughts our way, everyday.

    Kim Nance

    ReplyDelete