Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day +82

This last week my sister came with me to Georgia's bone marrow aspirate and other procedures. While we were waiting to been checked in she met several of the families who I have shared this journey with - it felt so good to introduce my sister who is such a huge part of my life to these people who have become my new support system. Since Leslie has two young kids we haven't been able to spend nearly the time together that we're use to.
That evening I got an email from her, among other things it said: "It was interesting to get a glimpse into your world. It seems like there is a bond between the moms, you all know things no one else does." I can't tell you how true this is on every single level. There is a camaraderie for sure but it's more than that - we don't judge.. we listen, we offer opinions when asked, give a shoulder or a pep talk but we don't judge because we know that living this reality means that it's your own story, not one that you would comment on how you'd do it differently.. we all do things differently but we're all writing different stories.
If you are a parent, especially a mother you know about a place inside that hurts because you love your child so much. You want to do your best not only for them but by them. This is where I start each day, not on a wholly conscious level, but this is where as a mother I begin.. I take this with me to each doctors appointment, procedure, conference, lab draw, xray - all of it. I am not writing someone else's story, I am only writing ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment