Friday, August 26, 2016

Southport

This summer has been a whirlwind of activities all of which I am grateful for.  Our summer kicked off with packing, we bought a house and after a very long close, it was finally time to move!
Sometimes life throws things at you and it's only in hindsight that you see that things are unfolding just as they should.  When we moved to Gig Harbor last summer our plan had been to buy a house.  After searching the meager inventory available we decided to rent, it was not my plan and I was not excited about the idea of needing to move again in a year.  We were lucky to find a house to rent as the rental market was even tighter than the houses for sale.  As it turned out we ended up in a lovely neighborhood called Southport with it's own park, close to the bridge and full of families that we've come to love.. adults and kids alike.
This spring I put the word out that we'd love to stay in our neighborhood, one day I was chatting with Bob, a nice man who walks the neighborhood.  I told him that I'd heard they might be selling their home, no, he said, we're not... but I think my neighbors might be.  A couple of days later a woman rolled down her window at the bus stop, Bob had talked to her and as luck would have it, they were moving!  She invited me over to take a look at the house, then Brian and I went together and the rest is history.  We feel so incredibly fortunate to have found our forever home in the neighborhood that we love so much.
The upside of moving only three blocks is that you can do a lot of loads in your own car... the downside of moving only three blocks is the same thing.  Georgia thought moving was boring but Leo was Mr. Helpful.






Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment