Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Familiar Feeling

Georgia's doctor asked that we repeat labs one month after her last set instead of three because one of her numbers was high. She'd said that it was fine to do them in four to six week, whenever was convenient. I took this to heart and kept putting them off, trying to feed Georgia just the right things, making sure she slept enough, one little thing would come up and I would push out the labs again. I found myself in an uncomfortable but all too familiar place, wanting to believe that nothing was wrong, but having a hard time ignoring the voice in my head, particularly when I was up at 2am feeding Leo. All of those "what ifs" and "please, please" one woman conversations that never come from a rational place. Two things circling the Internet this week only fed my fear, but both of them are beautiful and amazing. I'm happy to report that all of Georgia's labs came back normal, I wanted to share these things that had such an impact on me.

Soulumination has received a lot of worldwide press recently, in the two articles I've seen there is a photo of Georgia, it's from our first Soul shoot, she's 11 months old and had just finished chemo for her leg. I hadn't looked at this picture in a very long time, one glance and the memories came flooding back. To my knowledge Georgia is the only survivor amongst the pictures shown.

 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327262/Soulumination-Photographers-capture-images-families-ravaged-terminal-illness.html

This video is incredible, we should all take note of how this young man lived his life.

 http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-just-died-what-he-left-behind-is-wondtacular-rip

No comments:

Post a Comment