Thursday, April 4, 2013

New Normal

We have been busy establishing our new normal over the past couple of weeks, adjusting to very little sleep, juggling two kids with different needs and despite the challenges we're loving every minute.  When I find myself exhausted after being up every two hours through the night I just need one whiff of that baby smell to perk myself up, I wish I could bottle that scent.
Leo is healthy and growing, at his two week check up he was already up to 9lbs 14oz!  He's starting to spend more time alert and is doing a good job of putting up with his sister being right in his face.  Georgia is a wild woman, I don't know if it's because of Leo's arrival, seeing how mellow little babies are or if she has hit a new stride of constant motion.  She literally talks from sun up to sun down, is curious about everything and enjoys pushing the limits on everything.  She's very sweet with Leo, always giving him kisses and saying "hi buddy" or "I love my brother."
Brian had his first trip this week since Leo was born, and I have to say I think I did pretty well for the three days I was on my own, meals were cooked, laundry was done and Brian even commented on how he was impressed with how picked up the house was.  As with everything once we find our right balance, something will shift, but so far our new normal is feeling just fine.
 
Baby Leo
 

I love these rolls!
 

If only I could sleep so soundly
 

Brian and Georgia enjoying the sunshine
 

Clearly a Seattleite, 65 degrees and the clothes come off!
 

 
 
Georgia & Daddy having a little jam session 
 
This was so funny to watch, a little girl chasing two grown men around the yard.. everyone slept well that night.
 
 
This is one of the ways Georgia has been burning up some energy!
 
An alert little Leo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment