Tuesday, March 12, 2013

You

Georgia,

I can't believe that your time as an only child is coming to an end, with this baby's arrival on the horizon I wanted to take a minute and document things all about you.

You are sweet and lovable and kind.  We recently visited a pre-school, we both got to sit in on the class for a day.  You didn't hesitate for a second in joining right in!  I was in and out of the classroom talking with the teachers and you were so happy participating in all of the activities, even sitting right next to the teacher (and far away from me) during singing time.  At one point I looked over as you were listening to a story with another little girl, you called to me way across the room, "mama... I love you." smiled at me then went back to listening to the story, you melt my heart sweet girl.

We have been talking a lot about what will happen when it's time for the baby to come.  People often stop you and ask if you're excited to be a big sister - you're response, "Yes!  When the baby comes I get to go stay at Nah's house!"  I guess the opportunity to do an overnight with your cousins outweighs mommy having a baby at this point.  I have told you that I will go to the hospital and understandably this is concerning to you.  I have let you know that it is a different hospital than the one you go to, it's one where mommies go to have babies and that the doctor will help me have the baby.  Your first question about the baby being born, "does the baby have to get a poke?"  I've tried to calm your fears and hope in the end the sight of your new brother or sister will take the focus off of the hospital experience.

In the past month you've started waking up in the middle of the night, I don't hear a peep out of you, just your feet hitting the floor and the pitter patter of them walking into our room.  Without a word, you climb up in our bed, put your head on the pillow and go back to sleep.  Although I can't be sure, my guess is that all of this talk about a new baby has made you want to secure your spot, right in between mommy and daddy.  When I ask you why you come into our bed you tell me it's because you miss me and want to snuggle.  You've also told me you might start staying in your bed all night again when the baby comes.... I'm not holding my breath on that one.

You're a very good sport with all of the eating restrictions you have. You are gluten and dairy free with a few other foods we avoid as well. You are very understanding when I tell you you can't have something, we even walked into a cupcake store the other day and when I to,d you they did have anything gluten free you just said, "oh they don't have one I can have." Luckily we have a great bakery just up,the street that makes yummy treats that you can have!

You have several imaginary friends, we often need to pack snacks for them, or get them a towel when you're done in the bath.  Most often they are named Gage and Jake (Blake and Lauren's cousins) but more and more I've been hearing about an Emmy.

Each night I lay down with you and read you a book then we "talk day" this is when we go over the events that have happened that day.  We always say the first part together... "we woke up, had coffee baba's, ate breakfast, got dressed..."  You don't like to sleep with covers on and often unzip your sleeper because you're too hot.  You'll even flip your pillow over to get the coolest side as you fall asleep.

You still love clothes, most of the time you pick out your own outfit. You like to help with the laundry and help put your clothes away, when you come across one of your favorite shirts you'll gasp and thank me for washing it for you. One of my most fun memories with you is from just after your last birthday. You got a card in the mail from one of daddy's cousins, inside was a very sweet note and a $100 gift card to Target, specifically sent to you to spoil yourself with. I was so surprised with the generous gift, not many three year olds would appreciate a shopping spree but you soaked up every second. I told you that you could pick out what ever you wanted, you lead the way straight to the clothes picking out a tutu, hello kitty shirt, swimming suit (that has a tutu) a other shirt and then asked to go try on shoes. At the end of our trip you had only two small toys, a sippy cup for your babies and some pretend cookies, everything else was clothing or accessory related, you were thrilled.

I asked you a few questions recently, here were your responses:
Favorite color: orange
Favorite breakfast: pancakes
Favorite dinner: spaghetti
(You also love smoked salmon and beets)
Favorite thing to do:  Play with Sadie
Least favorite thing to do: brush your teeth


You're full of funny phrases and pick up on everything we say, here are some of my favorites:
"That's kinda weird" or "that's strange"
"Love ya's"
"Unbelievable" (typically said with a smirk on your face)
If I tell you that you look, or something is beautiful you say with a fairly irritated voice, "it's not beautiful, it's pretty!"
You love watching TV and often try and negotiate more time by saying "I have a deal..." 

A favorite new addition to your room came recently when we moved your dresser (former changing table) into the baby's room.  I bought a few things to maximize the space in your closet, one of which now allows some of your clothes to hang just at your level, you couldn't be happier. 

Decisions, decisions
 
 
I love you my girl and can't wait to see you become a big sister.  You are more amazing than I could have ever imagined, I feel so lucky to call you my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. G will be a great big sister and you will be wonderful mom of two of the best kids ever born. Go get 'em my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a special note to G from her amazing mommy!

    ReplyDelete