Thursday, February 28, 2013

Life Lessons

A few days ago I got a text message from my sister saying, Blake just asked, "is it worse to be in hot water or on thin ice?" I immediately started laughing, hearing my mother's voice in my head, these were two phrases that I remember from childhood, or more accurately adolescence.
My sister and I are realizing these little life lessons or catch phrases are never far, even if you rolled your eyes at them growing up. 
Georgia is working hard on becoming (almost) completely independent, everything is "I'll do it by myself!" but when tasks are too hard she gets very frustrated and says "I can't do it!!"  Insert another catch phrase from my childhood... "no stinkin' thinkin'."  We grew up hearing this anytime we said "can't" and now I'm passing that along to her.  I suppose I was already encouraging this train of thought when a few months ago I bought a print for Georgia's room, it reads, She Believed She Could So She Did.  Kids are unstoppable, we just have to make sure they never forget it.



No comments:

Post a Comment