Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympic Hopeful

Last night Georgia and I watched a bit of the Olympic opening ceremonies. I tried to explain to her that the athletes were the best in the world, that this only happens every four years - that the Olympics are something special. She wasn't overly excited about the opening ceremony performance but once she saw the athletes she started pointing to the TV. Two gymnasts were interviewed, when she saw them tumbling and flipping around bars she looked at me and asked, "Mama, I do that someday?"  I looked at her and said, "Georgia, of anyone I know you my love could be in the Olympics.  she said, "you come?  I said, "I wouldn't miss it!"  We chatted about it a bit more and by the end of the evening she'd decided she wanted to be a runner in the Olympics.
Just before bed Georgia asked me, "Mama, you be in the Olympics?"  I smiled and said, "oh, I'm too old to be in the Olympics."  She looked at me, tilted her head to the side and gave a little sigh, she said "that's a bummer."  Well put my friend, well put.

Here is a glimpse of our future Olympian stretching before her big run.

No comments:

Post a Comment