Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Yesterday Georgia enjoyed sunshine, cousins, food, but fireworks ... not so much.  We spent the first half of the day at home then headed over to Leslie and Chad's for a BBQ.  The weather was beautiful so we played outside but when the fireworks began Georgia was ready to head indoors - too loud!  I didn't get any pictures of the kids in their red, white and blue but all looked darling!

 We received some darling ballet outfits from our neighbor and they are such a hit, sequins and tutus have become day wear at our house!

 I see ballet lessons in my future

Lauren was asleep, Blake was out with the daddies so Georgia came inside to snuggle with us!

2 comments:

  1. Little Georgia is such a cutie pie.

    I don't remember you from high school, but I remember Brian all the way back to elementary school. He rode my bus and was friends with my neighbors, the Hess's.

    I found your blog through our common friends on FB. The last time I saw Brian was at the IHS class of 1995 reunion. How strange that what he and I talked about was the Hess family. How Britney had cancer. How Tate had died in a car accident. How awful it was. How they were a mess. Then when I next saw his name it was associated with his own daughter having cancer. My heart skipped a beat.

    Anyway, all this to say that I follow your blog and wish good wishes for little Georgia all the time. It is a good reminder to everyone that today you are happy and healthy but tomorrow that could change and to live accordingly.

    I have two kids myself and I wanted to offer you some advice about the fireworks. Our son will be 4 at the end of July. He has consistently hated fireworks, even little tiny fireworks until this year. My husband bought headphones that help with the noise, similar to what you would wear at a gun range. I don't know if it was the lessening of the noise because of the headphones or the psychological effect, but he had no problem whatsoever with the fireworks this year. Our daughter, who is 20 months old also weathered the fireworks with no problem this year. Perhaps it was the headphones or, as usual, following the lead of her big brother. Who knows? Next year maybe you should give them a try for Georgia. Plus, it does protect her ears from the potentially damaging noise.

    Lots of good wishes for little Georgia and your family. I hope to continue to read of her good health and charming antics.

    Erica Baugh-now Marcoux

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely baby Georgia is! Lots and lots of best wishes and Happy Independence Day to Georgia and her family. Ceramic Sink

    ReplyDelete