Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Note

On Friday I was beat, it had been a long week and I wasn't up for cooking so I asked the kids if they wanted to go out to dinner, no surprise, the answer was a resounding "Yes!"  I let Georgia choose, she wanted sushi so we packed up and headed to a restaurant near our new house.

The hostess seated us at a table in the middle of the restautant.  After we sat down I told the kids they needed to use their manners and that they needed to stay in their seats during dinner.  Our waiter brought soup and I quickly tried to decide on what to order, knowing the kids could only sit for so long.  We talked and laughed and ate, no major catatrophies.  We were almost done with our dinner when our waiter came by and said, you have dessert coming.  I gave him a confused look and said, why, everything's been great?  He said he'd explain later.

The kids were thrilled at the idea of dessert and estatic when it actually arrived.  After the waiter set the giant dessert plate down he handed me a note, he said it was from a woman who'd been sitting at the sushi bar.  I read the note and wished I could thank her, the dessert was a lovely gesture but the note means so much more.



Dessert was delicious!


1 comment: